Romans 5:1 says, "Since we have been made right with God by our faith, we have peace with God. This happened through our Lord Jesus Christ." (NCV) and
Philippians 4:6–7 says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (NKJV)
God's definition of peace is not the absence of conflict but rather the ability to keep calm in the midst of conflict.
The peace of God and peace with God have two different functions:
- Peace with God has to do with reconciliation; and
- The peace of God has to do with our relationship with Him.
- His nature, which is His love;
- His promises, which is His provision;
- His goodness, which is His Grace; and
- His sacrifice, which is His finished work on the cross.